This Security Policy explains what information Odyssey Institute Private Ltd collects, why and what we do with that information, how we share it, and how we handle the content sent to us. It also explains the choices available to you regarding our use of your Personal Information and how you can access and update this information.
As part of our compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012, Odyssey Institute PT in Singapore requests you read the following information regarding how we collect and store your personal data. Our policy also covers how we disclose your personal information in connection with possible or actual work placements.
In order to deliver our Services to our Clients we may collect personal data about you when:
- You complete one of our application forms or provide any other data in connection with your application
- We receive any reference about you
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body.
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test or any background check.
- We receive any complaint or other data from or about you in the workplace
- We receive any data about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you were involved.
- We receive any data about a workplace accident in which you are involved
- You provide ups with any additional data about you.
This policy applies to all data we process about you and may include some data about your physical or mental health or condition, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, commission or allegations of an offence and other sensitive personal data. Reference to personal data in this policy include such sensitive personal data.
Your personal information may be used in connection with:
- Actual or possible work placement
- Career guidance or management
- Performance appraisals
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- Our identification of your training needs
- Informing you of possible work opportunities or other events such as training or information sessions by email / SMS / WhatsApp / LinkedIn
- Our management and resolution of any complaint, inquiry or investigation in which you are involved.
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal information
- Undertaking criminal background checks
- For research, development, business systems and infrastructure testing and other business purposes to assist us in providing services to clients
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- Potential and actual Clients of Odyssey Institute PT
- Odyssey Institute Private Limited employees
- External providers of online training and induction
- Our insurers
- A professional association or registration body that has proper interest in the disclosure of your personal information
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
If you do not give us the information we seek:
- We may be limited in our ability to place you with our clients.
How do we store and project personal data?
Responsibly managing the privacy of your data is important to us
However, you interact with us personally, by phone, mail, over the internet or other electronic medium – we will be responsible with your data. We hold personal data in a combination of secure cloud-based computer storage facilities provided by Microsoft and paper-based files. We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect personal data we hold from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure such as antivirus software and firewalls. We may need to maintain records for a significant period of time. However, when we consider data is no longer needed, we will remove any details that will identify you or we will securely destroy the records.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
Changes to our Privacy Notice:
Data Protection Lead
Odyssey Institute PT